Amanda Conklin, a parent at Wasatch Elementary is planning a trip for immersion students to Taiwan. Students can get penpals prior to going and they will be meeting at schools and doing other great activities. Please see the following for more details:
Dear Chinese Immersion Parents,
Su Ma Ma Chinese Club has initiated several large projects, with great success. Currently, one of these projects is the International Pen Pal Program. Students who participate in this program have fun sharing the culture with each other, not only by writing but also through themes that we talk about in class. Recently, one of our Taiwan Pen Pal Schools (Sagor School) visited Wasatch Elementary and Aspen Elementary. During this visit, the students from Taiwan participated in English classes and visited Chinese Immersion classes at the schools. Students from both countries enjoyed learning from each other. The teachers from Taiwan brought amazing lessons into the Chinese Immersion classes with storytelling and sciences. We are creating a similar experience for our students in Utah, and are planning a trip to Taiwan in June 2015. You can learn more about us by following us on Facebook at Su Ma Ma Chinese Club.
Benefits of this program trip to Taiwan:
- We will visit most of our pen pal schools (Currently there are 8 Taiwanese schools participating).
- Your children will be able to personally meet their pen pals.
- Pen Pal Schools provide a safe learning environment and nice host families.
- We will visit many beautiful national parks and cities.
- We are providing a longer cultural experience with a very fair price.
- Taiwan is a very safe and friendly country to visit. Taiwan has kept many Chinese traditions while adopting a westernized lifestyle.
- Due to our Pen Pal School resources, we will be visiting Taiwan for 2015. In the future, we will provide similar program to China.
LEAF Cultural Exchange, LLC will help provide travel assistance by arranging airfare, transportation, food, host family, etc. The estimated cost of the trip will be approximately $2,850.00 to $3,400.00 for 4 weeks. A bigger group could help cut down the cost.
You are invited to attend a 90 minute informational meeting held at Provo School District Office PDC on Thursday, March 12th, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
(280 West 940 North, Provo, Ut, 84604)
If you are interested in this incredible cultural opportunity, please contact us and plan to attend this meeting.
This trip is not a school district or state sponsored event.
Su Ma Ma Chinese Club, LEAF Cultural Exchange and Pen Pal Schools in Taiwan are organizing this trip.